- Your post must be original. That means it must be written by you and not previously published anywhere else, including your own blog/site.
- Post should not be about an affiliate program/product or a plug for a company. No reviews please.
- Very Important:Please don’t submit generic posts on theory, the kind of posts that can be found everywhere else across the web. Your post should not only be informative, but USABLE. Otherwise we will immediately trash your post without warning.
We desire to provide our readers with information that they can practically and immediately implement in their businesses and website.
Original, fresh, unique, authentic, current, relevant to our audience – that’s the kind of content we are looking for.
- We might need to edit the content (misspellings, grammar, formatting etc.) before publishing it.
- We do understand the importance of link love and you should definitely link the article back to your blog. However, We do not tolerate link littering and would not accept links to affiliate products.
- Please attach a few pictures for your post (and include image credits when necessary).
- Please include internal links in your post – good resources, links back to relevant articles, etc.
- Posts must be in good English.
- Posts should be around or more than 1000 words (exceptions would be posts that have lots of images or video supplement).
- It’s imperative that you respond to commentsto your published post. The notifications of new comments will be emailed to your email address. The more often you come back to answer the comments, the more discussion you’ll generate, which in turn will encourage more social media sharing, traffic, and exposure.
We take plagiarism very seriously at Shezartech. We ensure all articles are original.
If you have plagiarized your article from another writer, we will find out. As consequence you will automatically be removed from the contributor pool, with your name blacklisted in our list of authors.
If you wish to cite another source to better explain your viewpoint, please properly credit them in the article by linking to the original source.
What Do We Not Publish?
We work with individual authors. We do not publish articles which are an obvious attempt at content marketing. While your experience in your company and with your product is valuable, pieces full of links to your product, or which are a walkthrough of how to use your product, will be rejected. Think about what you have learned, not how you can sell to our readers.
Press releases, listicles, and product reviews are unlikely to be interesting to us or our readers.
We do have sponsored post options for companies who would like to increase their visibility while sponsoring great content. Again, this is not a way to post an advert, rather a way for you to put your name to some great content for our readers. Examples might be a company with a web performance tool sponsoring a series of articles about performance; an email service sponsoring an article about email design. Contact us if you would like to discuss this.
We would much prefer to see an outline initially, rather than a complete article. We can often help authors to refine their outline to something we can accept, when had they sent the completed piece to us, we would have rejected it.
Who Are We Publishing For?
The Smashing audience are professional training managers, learning and development professionals, procurement consultant, field service management professionals, web designers, developers and other people involved in developing websites, L & D and online businesses. When you write, assume that your reader is a knowledgeable peer. Writing a beginner article about a technology is great (we are all beginners at something), but you can assume a starting point of familiarity with web technologies.
Practical advice that comes from real experience, plus well researched opinion is what we aim for.
How soon will you know if your article is approved?
We will make sure to read any posts submitted as soon as possible and will most likely let you know within a day or two if we plan on publishing it. This way you’ll know whether you should start submitting your article to other sites.
How soon will your article be posted?
This will depend on how many articles we already have in the queue to be published. Generally, it should be published as fast as within a week of approval.
Have a question?